[Rock-dev] <base/motion_command.h>

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Nov 8 11:07:35 CET 2011

On 08.11.2011 10:27, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 03:36 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> Please add (if not availible) an constructor and set the time to zero on
>> the initialization.
> No need since Time initializes itself to a null time by default.
>
>> What's with the other motion commands like AUVPositionCommand and
>> MotionCommand2D, from my point of view there should be also an
>> timestamp.
>>
>> Should it be added to all MotionCommands to be consistent?
> I agree in principle. However, these types are very widely used and we
> are in a release process, so do NOT change things unless it is
> absolutely required. Which might be the case for AUVMotionCommand.
>
> In any case, I'd like you to wait for Alex to come back so that he can
> give his opinion. Or (even better) a more in-depth discussion on the
> long-term future of these types which are completely ad-hoc right now.

Okay, we wait for alex for furthur discussions...

Background info: the change for the AUVMotionCommand is now needed to
calculate the delta-movement for an simple motion estimation.
For this the time is definetly needed.
All controlloops should also check if the last sample is not too old.
I'm not sure how this is done currently...

Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik