[Rock-dev] <base/motion_command.h>

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Mon Nov 28 10:18:04 CET 2011

On 08.11.2011 10:27, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 03:36 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> Please add (if not availible) an constructor and set the time to zero on
>> the initialization.
> No need since Time initializes itself to a null time by default.
>
>> What's with the other motion commands like AUVPositionCommand and
>> MotionCommand2D, from my point of view there should be also an
>> timestamp.
>>
>> Should it be added to all MotionCommands to be consistent?
> I agree in principle. However, these types are very widely used and we
> are in a release process, so do NOT change things unless it is
> absolutely required. Which might be the case for AUVMotionCommand.
>
> In any case, I'd like you to wait for Alex to come back so that he can
> give his opinion. Or (even better) a more in-depth discussion on the
> long-term future of these types which are completely ad-hoc right now.

I would like to restart the discussion, i currently re-implementing an
AUV-Controller (replacement for AvalonCoontrol) that mapps te given
input to the thrusters and so base orientation-control stuff with the
"new" PID controller.

So what's the current opinion, should the time to all MotionCommands added?.

Vote

No:
Yes: +1

Matthias