[Rock-dev] <base/motion_command.h>

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Tue Nov 29 14:16:39 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 10:18 +0100, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> On 08.11.2011 10:27, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> > On 11/07/2011 03:36 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> >> Please add (if not availible) an constructor and set the time to zero on
> >> the initialization.
> > No need since Time initializes itself to a null time by default.
> >
> >> What's with the other motion commands like AUVPositionCommand and
> >> MotionCommand2D, from my point of view there should be also an
> >> timestamp.
> >>
> >> Should it be added to all MotionCommands to be consistent?
> > I agree in principle. However, these types are very widely used and we
> > are in a release process, so do NOT change things unless it is
> > absolutely required. Which might be the case for AUVMotionCommand.
> >
> > In any case, I'd like you to wait for Alex to come back so that he can
> > give his opinion. Or (even better) a more in-depth discussion on the
> > long-term future of these types which are completely ad-hoc right now.
> >

> I would like to restart the discussion, i currently re-implementing an
> AUV-Controller (replacement for AvalonCoontrol) that mapps te given
> input to the thrusters and so base orientation-control stuff with the
> "new" PID controller.

In general I would always add a time stamp to a new message type. But in
this case I do not really see the benefit of changing several types only
to add a missing time stamp field which is not used by the current
components.

Therefore
+ 1 for do NOT change things unless it is absolutely required

Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik