[Rock-dev] Proposal: Rock Apps

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Thu Oct 13 15:27:04 CEST 2011

Summing up.
The problem is how to combine a system wide view (work flow / view based
on functionality) with a view based on concrete components.

The abstraction layer for the former one is much higher than for the
other than. Therefore I am not sure this can handled by a component
designer. In general I am very happy if I can reuse a single component
without rewrite most of the stuff ;-).

And from a component designer point of view it would be nice to put
everything into the component which belongs to the component.
--> conversion
--> sanity check
--> gui
--> etc.

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 14:33 +0200, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> In principle, one could anyway configure on a per-app basis (again, just
> how it is done in the supervision). You could then choose to have all
> YOUR apps to put their logs in a global folder. I would personally
> prefer having, by default, logs in a app-local logs/ folder (because,
> from experience, it's something that works fine). Moreover, what if the
> user does not define any global folder ?
> > There are just too
> > many people which does not care and polluting the main partition.
> I don't understand what you mean by that. 3 apps, 3 logs folders tops.
> Hardly polluting.
Polluting might be the wrong word. Storing their log files on the main partition which does not
have enough space (SSD Drive).

Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda