[Rock-dev] State of CompressedImage in base/types

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Tue Sep 6 14:39:30 CEST 2011

Do not push stuff to next which is related to compressed frames!!!

There are currently some problems with integrating compressed frames
into the camera_interface which was not meant to handle compressed
frames but I clearly understand that there is a need for this.

Therefore I suggest to integrate the compressed frames into base/Frame
which we wanted to avoid because this is breaking the assumptions that
the buffer size is linear related to the number of pixels.

If this assumption is no longer true we have to change the following
functions:

getNumberOfBytes
getColoumBegin  --> can be removed opencv has a similar functions
at
init

I am going to push a new version of frame.h to master after the window
for pushing to next is closed.

Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda