[Rock-dev] Weekly report

Anita ana.vazquez.alonso at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:13:24 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I made some good progress this week, I fixed all the problems with the
creation of the semaphores/mutex (it was not easy since I was missing
omni_thread::init_t::init_t() intialization which makes
omni_thread_wrapper silently fail, also being totally new to CORBA
didn't help).

I also learnt how to run RTEMS applications that use TCP/IP on QEMU
(thanks again Joel) and after a lot of debugging and configure tap0
and br0 interfaces in almost all possible combination, I have
omniORB-4.1.4 working win RTEMS/QEMU and "talking" with omniNames in
the host computer :)

http://ebano.datsi.fi.upm.es/~anita/omniORB_echo.png

I'm still working to make work the Rock message tutorial but I just wanted
to send a quick report of how the port is going

http://ebano.datsi.fi.upm.es/~anita/message_producer.png

Also, now that is clear for me that Rock needs a working TCP/IP
connection between the machine running the CORBA Naming Service and
the RTEMS target, I fear there may be a problem with the
ERC32/LEON2/LEON3 target, since as far as I know, TSIM does not
emulate any ethernet device and I'm not sure if with the LEON2 VHDL I
can make use of the RJ45 in the Xilinx Spartan3 FPGAs. I will investigate
in the next days.

Cheers,
Ana

P.S. I'm packing all the patches and the automatic build scripts I
made and I will upload them as soon as I finish the how-to guide I'm
writing.