[Rock-dev] Weekly report

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Mon Sep 26 11:28:03 CEST 2011

On 09/25/2011 07:13 PM, Anita wrote:
> I also learnt how to run RTEMS applications that use TCP/IP on QEMU
> (thanks again Joel) and after a lot of debugging and configure tap0
> and br0 interfaces in almost all possible combination, I have
> omniORB-4.1.4 working win RTEMS/QEMU and "talking" with omniNames in
> the host computer :)
>
> http://ebano.datsi.fi.upm.es/~anita/omniORB_echo.png
>
> I'm still working to make work the Rock message tutorial but I just wanted
> to send a quick report of how the port is going
>
> http://ebano.datsi.fi.upm.es/~anita/message_producer.png
>
> Also, now that is clear for me that Rock needs a working TCP/IP
> connection between the machine running the CORBA Naming Service and
> the RTEMS target, I fear there may be a problem with the
> ERC32/LEON2/LEON3 target, since as far as I know, TSIM does not
> emulate any ethernet device and I'm not sure if with the LEON2 VHDL I
> can make use of the RJ45 in the Xilinx Spartan3 FPGAs. I will investigate
> in the next days.
While it would be the most practical, it is not strictly necessary

We have the option, thanks to RTT and oroGen, to deploy systems
completely statically, i.e. to avoid using a layer like CORBA. It
reduces the functionality, as we would not be able to manage the
components at runtime, but I believe it would be an interesting starting
point.

> P.S. I'm packing all the patches and the automatic build scripts I
> made and I will upload them as soon as I finish the how-to guide I'm
> writing.
That would be very nice, so that we can try to reproduce what you did !

Keep up the good work !
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics