[Rock-dev] polishing rock / Rock Tutorials

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Mon Apr 2 09:19:51 CEST 2012

On 03/31/2012 01:20 PM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> Some other remarks:
> ->  installing rock is producing lots of warnings because some packages
> does not have a branch next/stable. We should get rid of this.
+1

> ->  we should add the package set rock-tutorials by default but do not
> install it because then someone could just call autoproj build xxx to
> install a new tutorial
Not sure about that. Other opinions ?

> ->  maybe we can zip the default installation, because it took ages to
> download everything from gitorious.org. (The user should still call
> update before building it.)
I'm suspecting for a while that our issues with gitorious have nothing
to do with gitorious, but with the DFKI network. I have not done proper
tests, but bootstrapping rock from my machine at home was *really fast*
on the update phase. Plus, I asked on orocos-users and people said that
they never experienced the kind of connection drops that we experience
regularly.

Moveover: you then need to make sure that the zipfile is always up to
date. Plus, the zipfile will probably be quite big. And, finally, where
do we put the zip file ?

-1