[Rock-dev] Rock Performances on Gumstix

Chris Mueller christoph.mueller at dfki.de
Mon Aug 20 16:44:17 CEST 2012

Hi Alex,

i'm currently playing with the proxy branch and there is a small
incompability problem again for ruby1.9.

require 'ping' results in a LoadError, because it seems to be removed
from ruby1.9 standard library.

I have made a fast fix similar to the following article to get it work:
http://forum.ruby-portal.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9205&view=previous

In my case its unfortanetely not working with the task inspector. The
first ten seconds the task is in the INITIALIZING step, After that it
seems he catched the interface for a short time (checkbox pops up in the
property field),
but it keep blocking afterwards. After a few seconds it disappears
again. No State information are shown in the value field.

On the console i get the following warnings:
rocos[WARN]: ReaderWriterProxy: error while proxing the port
camera_usb_deployment.frame: CORBA transient exception
Orocos[WARN]: ReaderWriterProxy: error while proxing the port
camera_usb_deployment.frame: CORBA transient exception
Orocos[WARN]: ReaderWriterProxy for port camera_usb_deployment.frame:
ignoring method read because port is not reachable.
Orocos[WARN]: ReaderWriterProxy: error while proxing the port
camera_usb_deployment.frame_raw: CORBA transient exception
Orocos[WARN]: ReaderWriterProxy: error while proxing the port
camera_usb_deployment.frame_raw: CORBA transient exception

Currently maybe not so important: but with a cable connection it works
flawlessly.

Chris