[Rock-dev] porting supervision to bundles

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Fri Feb 17 19:30:53 CET 2012

On 02/17/2012 03:32 PM, Chris Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've started porting our supervision from AVALON to the new bundle
> structure without using any dependencies to the bundles rock and rock.dfki.
>
> I'm currently orientating on the help of the following resources:
> - http://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/Standards/RG7
> - imoby/bundles on spacegit (dfki)
> -
> http://rock-robotics.org/documentation/system_management_tutorials/100_moving_to_bundles.html
>
> I've copied all files to the new locations provided by the bundle
> standard and
> $rock-roby instanciate -r simulation simulation <def>
> $rock-roby instanciate -r avalon avalon <def>
> outputs correct component networks i desire for AVALON.
>
> But running a specific system (e.g. simulation) via
> $rock-roby run simulation
That's one of the reasons why I did *not* advocate bundles so widely.
rock-roby X is the equivalent of

   scripts/orocos/X

what you want is

   scripts/run

which is currently not accessible with rock-roby, and is probably
currently not accessible at all in bundles that are using dependencies
(so, for you, it should be fine).
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics