[Rock-dev] set up of camera_firewire

Martin.Azkarate at esa.int Martin.Azkarate at esa.int
Mon Jul 2 18:08:40 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a Bumblebee2 camera that I am trying to use with the
camera_firewire library package and its corresponding orogen component. I
am running the following script:

An getting the following error:

--------- beginning of terminal output ----------------------

lrm at ubuntu:~/rock/drivers/orogen/camera_firewire/scripts$ ruby
camera_firewire_live.rb
Found 1 cameras:

=== begin CamInfo ===
display_name: Bumblebee2 BB2-08S2C
interface_id: 0
interface_type: InterfaceFirewire
current_ip_address: 0
current_ip_subnet: 0
part_number: 0
part_version: 0
permitted_access: 0
reachable: 0
serial_string:
unique_id: 49712223532727488
===  end CamInfo  ===

Press ENTER to exit

libdc1394 error: Generic failure: in dc1394_video_set_transmission
(control.c, line 953): Could not stop ISO transmission

[20120702-11:32:28:599] [ERROR] - $PROJECT_NAME::Generic failure
 (/home/lrm/rock/drivers/camera_firewire/src/CamFireWire.cpp:617 - bool
camera::CamFireWire::checkHandleError(dc1394error_t) const)

--------------------- end of terminal output -------------------

Actually the script is completely executed and a vizkit image window is
opened but without any camera output, just a grey window with the message
"no image" in the middle. So when I press enter to exit I get the
libdc1394 error output in the terminal that you can see above. I am
guessing that the error is in some setting of the libdc1394 library, I
have tried complying with the BB2 camera specs and edited a couple of
properties that should be the right ones but I still can't manage to get a
camera output. The camera works and communicates properly with the 1394
interface (checked it using Coriander). So, can anyone with experience in
cameras with firewire interface give me a hint here? I add a couple more
files in case these are helpful.

Thanks for the help,

Martin

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.