[Rock-dev] Statistics class in base

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Mon May 14 15:32:44 CEST 2012

On 05/14/2012 11:27 AM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> On 05/14/2012 11:13 AM, Jakob Schwendner wrote:

>>> Base is a very generic category therefore if there is any other fitting
>>> to the proposed package I would go for the latter one. Other than that
>>> there is nothing wrong with base/numeric(_tools).
>> I would argue it is as generic as a spline library (which is even in
>> base/types).
>> Unless there are objections maybe you could move your package to
>> base/numeric? (which btw, we could also move the sisl stuff to at some
>> point).
> Ok (moving the stuff to base/numeric)
I've created the base/numeric package now. It's a good place to add
algorithms, that are generic and don't have any dependencies other than
base/types. I'll have a couple of candidates that could go there that I
will move over the time. Please make sure not to make this a collection
for stuff that you don't know where else to put, and maintain code
quality (e.g. tests whenever possible a.s.o)

cheers,

Jakob