[Rock-dev] Using a specific task deployment in a composition (Roby)

Chris Müller christoph.mueller at dfki.de
Thu May 24 11:08:27 CEST 2012

 From the view point of roby, its compeletely no problem, because each task is referenced by the role name for
configuration. But i guess there could occur some problems with the filenames of the log data, whose names are declared
by the deployment definitions (by orogen).

If no explicit mapping from the providing pool of tasks by the deployments is given, roby is probably
deciding itself, which task is used as long as it has the correct task type. If you have more than one
tasks of a given task type, it could be e.g. the task 'sonar_rear'
(the name defined in the deployment) is used for 'sonar_front'.
But can be referenced in roby via the role 'sonar_rear'.

I haven't met yet such a problem with our log datas, but i wouldn't exclude this constellation.