[Rock-dev] CopterCommand to base/types

Leif Christensen leif.christensen at dfki.de
Tue May 29 17:22:58 CEST 2012

On 29.05.2012 17:10, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> I also need an ASV Motion Command like:
>
> double translation[2];
> double heading;
>
> We should discuss about generalize "motion commands"
>

> Matthias
>
> On 29.05.2012 16:58, Jakob Schwendner wrote:
>> On 05/29/2012 04:44 PM, Felix Rehrmann wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to add a type CopterCommand to base/types.
>>> It is to give commands to flying machines and will have 3 axis commands
>>> and one thrust command:
>>>
>>> struct CopterCommand {
>>>        double axis_command[3];
>>>        double thrust;
>>> };
>>>
>>> The value range would be from -1.0 to 1.0 for the axes and from 0.0 to
>>> 1.0 for the thrust. Any opinions?
>>>
>> seems very system specific to me. Any reason this couldn't be defined in
>> the module that requires it?
>>
>> Jakob

I think I would not try to generalize motion commands at all, because of
the wide range of inputs even for vehicles of similar classes. Think for
example of all the different possible inputs for a quite narrow
specified class of planar ackerman vehicles. Specifying such classes +
deriving from them seems more work to me than directly define it in the
vehicle specific modules.

Leif
--
 Leif Christensen