[Rock-dev] CopterCommand to base/types

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue May 29 22:12:14 CEST 2012

What about designing an ONE DataItem like the rbs?.

could be:

double[3] translation_velocity;
double[3] position;

double[3] rotation_velocity;
double[3] target_orientation;

this should cover all cases... (setting nan/inf simliar to the rbs)

Otherwise we should move all types to specialized classes like
RoverCommands, WaterVehicleCommands etc...
I'm against real System specific commands, i vote for generic vehicle
topic based packages, that should be part of rock (but not of base).

Matthias

Am 29.05.2012 17:33, schrieb Jakob Schwendner:
> On 05/29/2012 05:22 PM, Leif Christensen wrote:
>> On 29.05.2012 17:10, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>>> I also need an ASV Motion Command like:
>>>
>>> double translation[2];
>>> double heading;
>>>
>>> We should discuss about generalize "motion commands"
>>>

>>> Matthias

>> I think I would not try to generalize motion commands at all, because of
>> the wide range of inputs even for vehicles of similar classes. Think for
>> example of all the different possible inputs for a quite narrow
>> specified class of planar ackerman vehicles. Specifying such classes +
>> deriving from them seems more work to me than directly define it in the
>> vehicle specific modules.
> +1 even the ones that are currently there could probably go into vehicle
> class specific modules.

  Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik

  Standort Bremen: