[Rock-dev] CopterCommand to base/types

Felix Rehrmann felix.rehrmann at dfki.de
Wed May 30 10:05:42 CEST 2012

For sure there is no point in cluttering base/types with a diversity of
command types.

But on the other hand if there are general types to be reused by a
number of packets it would
be nice to have them in a central place. Example: Definig some command
type in a Quadrocopter
driver and then the use the type in an airplane driver later,  would
feel not so organized, too.

I think a generic command type is not the right thing to do
(Circle-Driving could be given as radius and speed).
And for safety reasons it might be good to have command types that
really fit the system, so that a command cannot
exchanged with another command that is not meant for it.

So command-type packets would be nice. In addition we could define
command types in the specific packet. And if it is about
to become more generic, it could be moved to a generic command-type packet.

Felix

--

  Felix Rehrmann
  Researcher