[Rock-dev] Use of 3D plugin with 3D widget

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Fri Nov 16 16:49:15 CET 2012

On 11/16/2012 03:41 PM, Pierre Letier wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I followed the tutorial about 3D Data Visualization. I have a question
> regarding the use of plugin with 3D widget. it is said that we can
> register several plugins on the same widget. However, when the plugin is
> created, I don't see any reference to the widget.
>
> My problem is that I created a gui through Qt Designer where I putted a
> 3D widget and a 2Dplot. For the last, I don't have any problem to access
> it and update the plot with incoming data. However for the 3D widget,
> when I create the plugin in ruby, it creates a new window with another
> 3D widget. How can I specify that the 3D plugin has to be associated
> with the 3D widget of my gui ?
>
> For the 2Dplot widget and the 3D widget, is it possible to modify the
> update rate of the rendering ? What is the limitation ?
>
> Thank you

Vizkit is using its own 3d Widget to display the 3d plugins as it does
not know that the custom
gui has already one. Unfortunately there is currently no nice way to
tell vizkit to use the one from a custom gui. But nevertheless you can
force it by adding the following statement after you
required vizkit in your ruby script.

Vizkit.instance_variable_set(:@vizkit3d_widget,your_gui.your_vizkit3d_widget)

Greets Alex

--