[Rock-dev] Deploying an Orogen component from the OCL Deployer

Peter Soetens peter at thesourceworks.com
Fri Nov 23 19:22:06 CET 2012

Op vrijdag 23 november 2012 schreef Sylvain Joyeux (sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de)
het volgende:

>  On 11/23/2012 03:50 PM, Willy Lambert wrote:
>

> 2012/11/23 Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de <javascript:_e({},
> 'cvml', 'sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de');>>
>
>> On 11/23/2012 03:29 PM, Charles Lesire-Cabaniols wrote:
>> > IMO, the issue is that the deployer finds something in
>> > install/lib/orocos (which is my RTT_COMPONENT_PATH), and then does not
>> > go to look at install/lib/orocos/gnulinux, where the rtt typekit is.
>> > In another 'pure-orocos' install (i.e. without Rock), I have nothing
>> > directly in install/lib/orocos. Libs are either in gnulinux/ or in
>> types/.
>>  I would need a comment from the OCL developers here ... In principle, I
>> have nothing against changing oroGen/typeGen to install in gnulinux/ if
>> that fixes this issue (and is more in line with the "normal" flow).
>>

> This dir may also be "xenomai" or something similar when building
> different flavor at the same time. So you have several dirs (gnulinux,
> xenomai) each containing libXXX-gnulinux.so or libXXX-xenomai.so
>
> Yes, I know. I also have to admit that I did not follow the overall
> discussions when this transition has been made. Since we actually have now
> the OS both in the folder *and* the shared library name. A bit redundant.
> So I assumed that the current way oroGen does it was fine. I'd like to know
> if Charles' analysis is right and that it *is* why it currently does not
> work

Turning on the logger at Debug level will reveal why it skips certain files
or directories.

It's true that files can be skipped if a certain subdirectory is found or
vice versa. I also agree that the filename encoding and directory structure
are redundant. actually, the deployer no longer interpretes the filename
and only uses directory names to look for the OROCOS_TARGET. So you can
omit the -gnulinux suffix of the filename with respect to the deployer.

Peter