[Rock-dev] Windows autoproj patches

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de
Fri Oct 12 08:34:33 CEST 2012

Hi Sylvain,
Since i don't have push support to the archives, here the patches for
the basic windows support.

I also added patches for macosx, but he not verified if it works, so is
an dry-untested implementation.
Maybe you can add this also if it dosn't break anything (should not the
case), later on i check this in macos...
I macos i choose macports for the package manager, so also automated
osdep installation in macos should be possible.

For the Windows port, there is no package manger, there are several
limitation caused by this (eg. no bunzip support for archives).
As an alternative for wget i added ruby-wget-like function they only
used on windows installations. I could fully checkout an rock-paackage
set (without orocos), and the build starts and was successful for a few
packages. Some packages failed due to pkg-config and other
windows-special erros.Regardless of this, autoproj should no give basic
support for windows and could be extended (if needed) easaly now.

If you find anything what could be done in an better way or you have any
suggestions, please let me know.

Greetings,
Matthias

--