[Rock-dev] Fwd: OrientationView Widget - Unclear coordinate system

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Mon Oct 15 10:56:57 CEST 2012

On 10/15/2012 10:47 AM, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 10:43 AM, Janosch Machowinski wrote:
>> Hey,
>> ít is known, that the orientaiton view still follows Y-Forward.
>> There should be an option X-Forward or something.
> And that option should be ON by default, obviously ;-)
OK, but anyway there is anything connected with Y-forward or X-forward
in this case.
In the example the angle along X-axis is zero. So the OrientationView
has the X-forward for sure.

My guess is the Z-axis is set to be downwards instead to be pointing up
which change the Y-axis pointing to the right.
Or the positive angle are depicted negative and the other way around

I will need to have a further look in the code.

Thanks to all,

Javier.