[Rock-dev] RigidBodyState - Uncertainty and Composition

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Tue Oct 23 16:22:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

RigidBodyState can represent frames or rigid motions and nowadays I
don't see the capabilities to make rigid bodies compositions.
This is : rbsTfResult = rbsTf1 * rbsTf2
The key issue is handling the uncertainty specially in rotation which
will act as a nonlinear transformation on the probability distribution.

I want to extend RigidBodyState class, adding composition of Rigid
Bodies States as operator *
using the already implemented solution of envire
(TransformWithUncertainty class) which handles this as a first order
approximation of Jacobians which perfectly maps to the covariance
matrices of the existing class.

Comments/suggestions?

Javier