[Rock-dev] RigidBodyState - Uncertainty and Composition

Leif Christensen leif.christensen at dfki.de
Tue Oct 23 16:58:48 CEST 2012

Am 23.10.2012 16:22, schrieb Javier Hidalgo Carrió:
> I want to extend RigidBodyState class, adding composition of Rigid
> Bodies States as operator *
> using the already implemented solution of envire
> (TransformWithUncertainty class) which handles this as a first order
> approximation of Jacobians which perfectly maps to the covariance
> matrices of the existing class.
What about non-parametric filters, for example histogram or particle
filters? Do they also have to be covered by the * operator? Obviously,
there is no need for jacobians there and they don't have covariance
matrices, but use the RigidBodyState. Are they covered somewhere else,
or do we just overload the operator then? Or am I completely on the
wrong track?

Leif

--
 Leif Christensen