[Rock-dev] [Autoproj] Defining a custom package type for boost

Thomas Roehr thomas.roehr at dfki.de
Tue Sep 11 18:30:39 CEST 2012

Am Di 11 Sep 2012 17:48:02 CEST schrieb Charles Lesire-Cabaniols:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like autoproj to manage a local install of a specific boost
> version one of my packages are depending on.
> As boost, uses a specific bootstraph.sh / b2 install process, I would
> like to define a specific configure/build process for my boost package.
>
> I tried redefining functions of an import_package, but it does not
> have configure/build methods (only prepare seems relevant).
> I then tried to inherit from Configurable and define a BoostPackage as
> done in CMake for instance, but without succes.
>
> Could I have some tips on how to do it right?
Hey Charles,

I just created a wiki page and attached the installation script we are
using at the moment:
https://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/Troubleshooting/CustomBoostVersion

Might help, but not completely what you are after since it is not a
'tight' autoproj integration!?

As a sidenote: when using a custom Boost Installation make sure you are
using cmake >=2.8 or  the Rock/Orocos provided FindBoost.cmake.

Best
Thomas

> Thanks,
>
> Charles.