[Rock-dev] Fwd: Re: IMUSensor - temperature and inclinometers values

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Sep 25 15:32:41 CEST 2012

On 25.09.2012 15:12, Jakob Schwendner wrote:
> On 09/25/2012 02:47 PM, Alexander Duda wrote:

>>>   1) sound like the better option to me.
>>>          Janosch
>>>
>>   The temperature gradient will be much slower than the other values and
>>   you could also have n temperature sensors for your System affecting the
>>   IMU. Therefore I would go for a generic temperature structure. This
>>   would also improves the overall monitoring of your system as all
>>   temperatures can be displayed by a generic widget.
> +1
> Same for inclinometer. I would process the values in the driver module
> already. Just add additional output ports to the module.
>
> Jakob

We should at this point think about an mapping where the temp is
recorded, some "name", i mean in general for this case it is clear that
the imu itself output's the temp.
But if we had an general temp-measrument device, this device could be
everywhere, so if we now add an new temperature  (in kelvin!) we should
ad also an string with an description.  But in general it is this again
an base-type?

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Space and Underwater Robotic