[Rock-dev] changed to double on base::JointState

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Thu Aug 15 09:18:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just noticed a commit which changed all the types from float to double in
base::JointState.
I was just wondering why that is. A while ago we said that we use all
doubles everywhere, but in light of ever growing log sizes at some point we
said, the decision between float and double should be made on a case by case
basis. Sylvain and I did some calculations and came to the conclusion the
position field should be double to account for continous revolutions of e.g.
wheels. The other fields should be fine with float... Was that change made
to keep consistency within the type?

Cheers,

Jakob