[Rock-dev] override cmake packages

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Jul 9 09:14:44 CEST 2013

On 08.07.2013 19:22, Sascha Arnold wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to override two packages in the spacebot package set normally
> provided in the rock package set.
>
> I already overrode them in the source.yml and also applied own patches.
> So far it works, but then it won't apply the flags defined in
> cmake_package in libs.autobuild witch are still defined in rock.
> And if I redefine them in the libs.autobuild of the spacebot package
> set I get the message that I have two definitions and that the one
> from rock will be used.
>
> So the question is now how can I force it to use the definition from
> spacebot? Or is there a even better way?
>
> I need that for g2o and pcl. I already found out that I can also set
> the CMake Flags in the overrides.rb, but for the pcl lib this line
> "env_add 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH', File.join(pkg.prefix, 'lib64',
> 'pkgconfig')" is also needed to find the local flann library and I
> have no clue how to add that in the overrides.rb..

I think overriding it inside the overrides.rb is the better way.
Take an look to the autobuild/automake api if you can cover this.

For the building step you can simply add the environment variable
globally like:

Autoproj.env_add
"PATH",File.join(Autoproj.root_dir,"install","x86_64-linux-gnu","bin")

If you need this only for one package you could also do something like this.

Autoproj.manifest.package(your_pacakge_name) do |pkg|
     pkg.depends_on 'external/gcc'
     pkg.using[:automake] = false
     pkg.using[:autoconf] = false
     pkg.using[:autogen] = false
     pkg.using[:aclocal] = false
     pkg.using[:libtool] = false
     pkg.depends_on 'external/gcc'

    def pkg.do_build
        ENV['TARGET'] = "#{user_config('target')}-g++"
        ENV['CXX'] = "#{user_config('target')}-g++"
        ENV['CC'] = "#{user_config('target')}-gcc"
    end
end

Hope this helps...

Matthias