[Rock-dev] rock-create-orogen usage

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Mar 19 14:09:20 CET 2013

On 03/19/2013 01:06 PM, Janosch Machowinski wrote:
> I don't think this a good idea.
> If one adds operations or anything that changes the
> template afterwards the templates need to be copied
> by hand. This actually de-streamlines the process.
1/ as we already discussed a while ago, we should add
needs_configuration by default to all tasks and add a comment to never
remote it. And probably remove mentions of it from the tutorials.

2/ for operations, orogen could detect that the task file has not been
modified and overwrite it with the new template (with added operations),
which would allow for adding operations after rock-create-orogen

3/ changing the task name from the default of "Task" should be
discouraged. It is IMO part of the 10% of use cases where the user
should anyway be aware of what he does (and it should be painful for him).

> Also it is annoying in the case that one need a different
> task name as one needs to delete the files in this case.
>
> For the git problem, create a correct .gitignore that
> ignores all files that should not end up in the git.
It is already the case. Not helping.