[Rock-dev] How to define a one port driven behavior in a deployment

Pierre Letier pierre.letier at spaceapplications.com
Thu Mar 21 16:56:34 CET 2013

Hello,

I have a component that is normally driven by a periodic triggering. Now
I want to use it through a deployment and I want to specify a specific
port to trigger the call to updateHook. In the documentation, I didn't
find (our understand) how to redefine a one port driven behavior (like "
port_driven "port_1" ") in the deployment. There is only an example for
the periodic activity or for triggering on all ports. Can you provide me
an example ?

Also It is stipulated that over-writing a component behavior in the
deployment with periodic allows to have both triggering (port_driven and
periodic).
http://rock-robotics.org/stable/documentation/orogen/triggering/ports.html
(then the deployed task instance will be triggered in both cases. This
can be used, for instance, for timeout purposes.)

Is it possible to define only periodic activity in the deployment (from
a component that is originally port_driven) ?

Thank you,

Pierre Letier