[Rock-dev] [Ric-mars] Fwd: Re: Robot visualization in Vizkit3D

Malte Langosz malte.langosz at dfki.de
Wed May 8 16:47:15 CEST 2013

At least I am fine with visualization capabilities of MARS (see attachment). Using a visualization library that only gets the motor angles wouldn't fulfill the requirements we have on the simulation side.

But, it shouldn't be to much effort to use the visualization part of MARS decoupled from the physics calculations. I am not willed to spend much time in LIMES on developing a robot visualization.

Am 08.05.2013 um 16:24 schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:

> On 05/08/2013 02:33 PM, Malte Langosz wrote:
>> With the latest version of MARS it should be possible to use the
>> mars_viz plugin without the need of running a full simulation behind the
>> scene. But still there is a lot of potential for improvements. Maybe we
>> will work on that in LIMES.
> Well .. Wouldn't the software that Markus is talking about a very good way to get a clean slate, something that Mars can then use to visualize robots ?
>
> Since the work is already done, it would actually save a lot of time / effort.
> --
> Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
> Space & Security Robotics
>
> !!! Achtung, neue Telefonnummer!!!
>
> Standort Bremen:
> DFKI GmbH
> Robotics Innovation Center
> Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
> 28359 Bremen, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 (0)421 178-454136
> Fax:   +49 (0)421 218-454150
> E-Mail: robotik at dfki.de
>
> Weitere Informationen: http://www.dfki.de/robotik
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
> Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster
> (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaiserslautern (HRB 2313)
> USt-Id.Nr.:    DE 148646973
> Steuernummer:  19/673/0060/3

Malte Langosz
Simulation