[Rock-dev] Feedback on Rock-ROS Bridge - small issues to make it working

Pierre Letier pierre.letier at spaceapplications.com
Fri May 31 12:01:33 CEST 2013

Here is a summary of my installation of the Rock-ROS bridge with
highlight on two small issues-observations:

- I made a fresh installed of the Rock Master branch
- I followed the installation of the Rock-ROS bridge from the website
(master branch)
- Issue 1 : I launch a test running roscore (groovy) and rock-display.
This last doesn't display the ROS name service. By launching an amake
command in the Rock root folder, it build things. After this, if I
launch again rock-display I can see the ROS service and the input/ouput
ports of my ROS nodes. Is it normal to have to run the amake command to
make it working ?
- Issue 2: On my fresh installation of Rock, I compile my testing
component using the Rock-ROS bridge. I have then an error related to
Typekit: "Typekit input changed. Run make regen in your build directory
first". Running this command in the build directory of my component
solves this (I can now compile), but I am not sure it is normal to have
this error on the first compilation. I have found on the OROCOS forum a
topic related to that, that was normally solved some time ago :
http://www.orocos.org/forum/orocos/orocos-users/typegen-make-regen-fails

Pierre

--
Pierre Letier
Robotics Engineer

25 Years in Space!
1987 - 2012

Space Applications Services NV/SA
Leuvensesteenweg 325, 1932 Zaventem, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0)2-416.05.04
Fax: +32 (0)2-721.54.44
www.spaceapplications.com