[Rock-dev] [Rock-ROS Bridge] Access to port

Pierre Letier pierre.letier at spaceapplications.com
Fri May 31 15:32:37 CEST 2013

After having an issue regarding the reception of Plain Float64 value
from ROS, there were a fix done by Sylvain for it. Today we tested
another communication from our robot, with another type (here
UInt32MultiArray (array of 6 int), also from the sdt_msgs.msgs ) and the
same issue happens, being that rock-display doesn't show the topics
bellow the node name. Beside to that, we could see in the rock display
the topic sent by the USB-camera of the robot, that works very well.

I have seen on the tutorial of the ROS-Rock bridge some information
about exchange of data, but I don't know if I can manage this issue from
this information, and also how clearly to do it.

I would indeed prefer to be able to add the needed code myself, as I
don't know today the kind of information exchange I want to perform in
the future.

Otherwise, what is the list of types that are directly supported (like
USB-camera image)?

Thank you

Pierre

Le 5/8/2013 10:14 AM, Pierre Letier a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> After configuring the Rock-ROS Bridge, in rock-display, I can see the
> Orocos::Ros::NameService. I can see the ROS node (here talker, see
> attachment of the node definition, done with rospy). However, I can
> not see anything in Output ports (my node is publishing a Float64).
> Also, I can not find the topic through ruby scripts.
>
> I have alos tried the turtlesim node, without success (input/output
> ports are empty in rock-display)
>
> I don't know it it is due to a bad configuration of my ROS node or a
> problem in rock configuration.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Pierre

Pierre Letier
Robotics Engineer

25 Years in Space!
1987 - 2012

Space Applications Services NV/SA
Leuvensesteenweg 325, 1932 Zaventem, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0)2-416.05.04
Fax: +32 (0)2-721.54.44
www.spaceapplications.com