[Rock-dev] [Rock-ROS Bridge] Access to port

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Fri May 31 17:44:55 CEST 2013

On 05/31/2013 03:32 PM, Pierre Letier wrote:
> After having an issue regarding the reception of Plain Float64 value
> from ROS, there were a fix done by Sylvain for it. Today we tested
> another communication from our robot, with another type (here
> UInt32MultiArray (array of 6 int), also from the sdt_msgs.msgs ) and
> the same issue happens, being that rock-display doesn't show the
> topics bellow the node name. Beside to that, we could see in the rock
> display the topic sent by the USB-camera of the robot, that works very
> well.
This message is not mapped to Rock types, so not displayed.
> I have seen on the tutorial of the ROS-Rock bridge some information
> about exchange of data, but I don't know if I can manage this issue
> from this information, and also how clearly to do it.
I'll try to clarify the documentation and see if you can manage, then

> I would indeed prefer to be able to add the needed code myself, as I
> don't know today the kind of information exchange I want to perform in
> the future.
Don't worry, we don't want to have to add ourselves all the types that
people would like to exchange between ROS and Rock.
> Otherwise, what is the list of types that are directly supported (like
> USB-camera image)?
Currently, the only complex ROS message mapped to Rock is the image. See
the ros_mappings statement at the end of base/orogen/types/base.orogen.

https://gitorious.org/rock-toolchain/orogen-base-types/blobs/master/base.orogen

--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Senior Researcher