[Rock-dev] Multiple services of same type in tasks and data_service_type

Christian Rauch Christian.Rauch at dfki.de
Tue Nov 5 11:30:07 CET 2013

Hi,

if a task provides multiple services of the same type with different
alias, how do I select one particular service by name in my profile?

In my case a task provides two different Base::<type>ControlledSystemSrv
and syskit tells me:
{{{
= there is an ambiguity while looking for a service of type
Base::ControlledSystemSrv in Motionproxy::Task
| candidates are:
|   controlled_system,
|   motion_sample_consumer
}}}

How do I select one of the candidates when I want to fulfil
'controlled_system' of a ControlLoop?

A similar problem arises when a data_service_type also provides two
different Base::<type>ControlledSystemSrv as both have the output port
"command_out" but different type.
Is there a way to rename the ports of a service in the provides statement?

Regards,
Christian

--
  Christian Rauch