[Rock-dev] Periodic task mandatory for needs_reliable_connection?

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:43:28 CEST 2014

I don't really understand the question, sorry ...

needs_reliable_connection is currently only a hint used by syskit (nothing
else uses it). Syskit does *not* require the driver's task to be periodic,
but it *does* require you to specify the "minimum period" (i.e. the minimum
time between two consecutive samples) as produced by the device. Even if
the task is non-periodic, the device usually is. The hokuyo driver, for
instance, is not periodic (it processes data as it comes), and one simply
declares the *device* period in syskit.