[Rock-dev] slam/envire (master) - error: ‘cout’ is not a member of ‘std’

Raul Dominguez Raul.Dominguez at dfki.de
Mon Aug 11 17:02:46 CEST 2014

Dear Rock-devs,

I would really appreciate your help.

In /slam/envire/ (master branch) the package /box2d/ (2.3.0 or later) is
required. Ubuntu 12.04 installs with the repositories the version 2.02
of that library therefore /slam/envire/ won't build.

I did the following on one machine to make the /slam/envire/ and its
dependent packages built:

/I Manually ///adapted/ and installed the version 2.3.0 of Box2d:/

- First. In the CMakeList I commented these lines of the /CMakeList.txt/:
/add_subdirectory(freeglut)//
//add_subdirectory(glui)//
//add_subdirectory(Testbed)/

- Second. I installed the downloaded package.
/cmake -DBOX2D_INSTALL=ON -DBOX2D_BUILD_SHARED=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..//
//make//
//sudo make install//
///
- Third. I copied one of the files because the name given in the
installation was not the one that the Rock package was looking for.
/sudo cp /usr/lib/libBox2D.so /usr/lib/libbox2d.so/

Now, I want to build /slam/envire/ in another machine. I tried the same
method for dealing with the dependency and I get the attached build
error. The error seems to be unrelated to /Box2D/ but as the /Box2D/
install method that I did is not /ideal/ I am afraid it might be.

Have anyone installed slam/envire (branch master) on a Ubuntu 12.04 and
solved the dependency issue somehow differently?

Is the error unrelated to the Box2D dependency? Has anyone a solution? I
wouldn't like to stick to a fixed commit before the dependency was
introduced.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Raúl