[Rock-dev] Rock1408 and orogen_loaders

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 02:26:39 CEST 2014

no fucking way

If so many people were using orogen_loaders, then they should have
mentioned it earlier and let it getting more stable on the master
branch. I've left it there *because* I got ZERO return of experience
and I can't test it / stabilize it myself.

+1 on Matthias' comment: a release is not meant to stabilize alpha-quality code.

I would add DFKI is not the sole Rock user, and it is much more
important to me to not arbitrarily break other people's environment
just because avalon and spacebot are super-bleeding edge and using it.
Moreover, Spacebot will probably require the ROS support which is at
this time completely untested (apart from unit-tests) on the
orogen_loaders branch.

In other words, I don't want this (my) experimental code to end up in
a stable release.