[Rock-dev] Multiple projects - one Rock source folder?

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Fri Aug 29 15:13:10 CEST 2014

What does help is if you switch you prackages to release (not debug
which is default)

This dramatically decreses the binary output size.

You can do this by adding

<tags>needs_opt</tags>  (level 1)

or

<tags>release</tags>

in you manifext.xml inside the packages.

Best,
Matthias

On 29.08.2014 15:04, Steffen Planthaber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 29.08.2014 um 11:47 schrieb Leif Christensen:
>> This right now accumulates to 48G on my system.
> Following is not a direct solution, but often the log files are taking a
> good amount of space on the device, you can possibly delete some logs
>
> You can check log size with:
> $> du -hs $(find ${AUTOPROJ_CURRENT_ROOT}/bundles -name logs)
>
>> Is there an easy way to prevent this doubling of source trees? Manually
>> creating a "fusion"-buildconf seems not feasible.
> I think this could be further discussed.
>
> In ROS there there is the workspaces approach. Is it feasible to have a
> single checkout of rock-core and set it from projects as environment
> variable like "ROCK_CORE_ROOT". Without breaking functionality?
>

> Best, Steffen

  Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik

  Standort Bremen: