[Rock-dev] Multiple projects - one Rock source folder?

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Fri Aug 29 15:25:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 29.08.2014 um 15:13 schrieb Matthias Goldhoorn:
> What does help is if you switch you prackages to release (not debug
> which is default)
>
> This dramatically decreses the binary output size.
>
> You can do this by adding
>
> <tags>needs_opt</tags>  (level 1)
>
> or
>
> <tags>release</tags>

Instead of doing this per package, you can also override the default in
your autoproj/overrides.rb

#build all as Release, if the build type is not already defined
Autobuild::Package.each do |name, pkg|
     if pkg.kind_of?(Autobuild::CMake) and
!pkg.defines.has_key?('CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE')
         pkg.define "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE", "Release"
     end

     if pkg.kind_of?(Autobuild::Orogen)
         pkg.define "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE", "Release"
     end
end

If you want to select it more carefully you can also define it for
selected packages or revert the changes made globally (see above)

Autobuild::Package['my_dev_package'].define "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE", "Debug"

Additionally you may use a regexp to select folders like /mars\/*/,
/tools\/*/, or /external\/*/ to be build as release:

#build tools as Release
Autobuild::Package.each do |name, pkg|
     if name =~ /tools\/*/ and pkg.kind_of?(Autobuild::CMake)
         if pkg.kind_of?(Autobuild::CMake)
                 pkg.define "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE", "Release"
         end
         #disable assertions
         #pkg.define "CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_INIT", "-DNDEBUG"
     end
end

Best, Steffen

--
  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de