[Rock-dev] MulitlevelLaserScan base type integration

Janosch Machowinski Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de
Mon Jan 27 10:48:51 CET 2014

Hi,
option one is ok, but I don't like the overhead of the laserScan. (AFAIK
we have a full header for every 32 scan lines)

Option two sound the best to me. In this case the new LaserScan should
be designed to seperate the header from the data
to avoid the problem with the old type.

I don't like option 3, we would loose precision. And the information if
single lines are 'consistent' (taken in one shot).
Anyway the consistent thing was always implicit, I would like it to be
marked explicit in the data structure.
Greetings
     Janosch

On 27.01.2014 10:02, Jakob Schwendner wrote:

> Hi Sascha,
>
> difficult. All 3 are good options.
>
> To me option 1 sounds ok, because it would be the most simple solution
> for now. Not sure about the name. How about SweepedLaserScan, or just
> MultiLaserScan, or LaserScanArray?
>
> I prefer option 3 from a code point of view, though. I would try to
> have all distance image types to be some form of image.
>
> So my vote would go for option 1 with a transition to option 3 later.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jakob

  Dipl. Inf. Janosch Machowinski
  SAR- & Sicherheitsrobotik