[Rock-dev] Flavours, freezes, updates

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 11:21:06 CEST 2014

Thanks Steffen, your summary is IMO quite accurate.

Using the tags you can easily find and reproduce former states of the
> software. This is only true for a complete snapshot of all packages, so
> it it only useful directly after a autoproj commit. Both can be combined
> into a single command

They can, but they should not IMO. The same way than git commit and git tag
are two different things, I would keep autoproj commit and autoproj tag
separate. If only to reuse prior knowledge about git.