[Rock-dev] Standard unit for IMU mangetometer values?

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Mon Jul 7 15:07:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

As you mentioned we decided for SI units and we should stick to that.

As the value is a float anyways, I can't see any advantages in moving
from SI as "tansport unit".

Nevertheless it is unhandy. So I'd use the SI unit and add a getter
methods "toNanoTesla()" to get readable values (according to
base/time.toMilliseconds())

This way, the use of a non-SI unit is clearly visible in the source code.

Steffen

--
  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de