[Rock-dev] Github migration - almost there

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:10:30 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Martin Zenzes <martin.zenzes at dfki.de> wrote:

> On 07/08/2014 01:53 PM, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
>
> I don't like this, as in most situations people *want* the GUI. The nogui
> case is a special case. all packages including the GUI is the common case.
> Note that gui/vizkit was already part of rock.toolchain before the
> migration.
>
> the embedded guys don't want to have anything to do with gui-stuff. In my
> people will start talking using words like "bloated"

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but the embedded guys are far from being the
"common case". Moreover, if you want to reduce the number of packages you
install on your embedded system to a minimum (which is probably what you
want), then having a metapackage is not what you are looking for. You want
to pick packages one by one.

Now, as a middle ground, where would a rock.core.nogui metapackage not fit
the "embedded guy" case ?