[Rock-dev] pocolog / rock.toolchain.DEPRECATED

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Thu Jul 10 10:30:36 CEST 2014

This transition is anything else than smooth and is affecting all people even the one on stable and next. The reason is that some of the package definitions get lost when autoproj is switching same package sets to deprecated.

I am really sorry about this but I hope changing four lines in your manifest is not asking for too much to solve the problem now.  The only thing that has changed is the location where the packages are hosted and how the packages are distributed onto the different package sets.

This is really not how things should be done and I hope we can avoid bothering you with that kind of stuff in the future.

Best Regards
Alex

Am 10.07.2014 um 10:07 schrieb Matthias Goldhoorn <matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de>:

> We moved to github for our core-repositorys.
> Bit in general this should not affect you in any way, try to change you
> manifest in this way:
>
> remove the mentioned lines and add:
>     - github: rock-core/rock-package_set
>
> in the layout only remove also all lines you mentioned and add:
>   - rock.core
>
> Try to run a update again.
> If this does not help send me please your complete manifest.
> The lines you send here are not working for me in general...
>
> Best,
> Matthias
>

> On 10.07.2014 09:52, Frauke Ahrlich wrote:
>>
>> After 'autoproj update' i cant start vizkit anymore,  as the  package
>> tools/pocolog is not found.
>>
>> in my manifest i have:
>>
>> package_sets:
>>     - gitorious: rock-toolchain/package_set
>>     - gitorious: rock/package_set
>>

>> my autorproj is on branch  'stable' and the folder autoproj/remotes  now
>> contains
>>   - rock.core
>>   - rock
>>   - rock.DEPRECATED
>>   - rock.toolchain.DEPRECATED
>>   - orocos.toolchain
>>

>> i created a new env.sh  ( with autoproj envsh) but it  has no
>> tools/pocolog anymore.
>>
>> i assume it is as rock.toolchain is deprecated now .
>>

>> greets
>> frauke
>>

>> Frauke Ahrlich
>> MARUM
>> Centre for Marine Environmental Sciences
>> University of Bremen / Dept. of Geosciences
>> Leobener Str.
>> D-28359 Bremen
>>
>> Phone:  +49 421 218 65628
>> Fax.:   +49 421 218 9080
>> E-Mail: fahrlich at marum.de

>  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
>  Space and Underwater Robotic
>
>  Universität Bremen
>  FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
>  AG Robotik
>  Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
>  28359 Bremen, Germany
>
>  Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611
>
>  Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftstelle:
>  Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
>  28359 Bremen, Germany
>
>  Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-4193
>  Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600
>  Fax:     +49 421 178 45-4150
>  E-Mail:  matthias.goldhoorn at informatik.uni-bremen.de
>
>  Weitere Informationen: http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/robotik

Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik
Robotics Innovation Center

Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
E-Mail:   Alexander.Duda at dfki.de