[Rock-dev] LAN communication and WebService

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:22:08 CEST 2014

Of course, I forgot the most important parts ,,,

To start the app, run
  rock-webapp

The default port is 9292

The API is under the tasks/ namespace and the entry points are quite
self-documenting:

https://github.com/rock-core/tools-orocosrb/blob/webapp/lib/orocos/webapp/tasks.rb

For instance,

  GET http://localhost:9292/tasks/
will list the available tasks and

  GET http://localhost:9292/tasks/localhost/camera
will return information about a 'camera' task on the localhost name service.

The representation of each returned object is documented either in typelib
(the #to_h and #to_simple_value methods) or in orogen (the #to_h methods).
We'll have to gather all in a single point to get a proper API
documentation ...

You can stream the samples from a port by opening the entry point using a
websocket instead of HTTP (using the ws:// URL instead of http:// URL)

Sylvain