[Rock-dev] Flavours, freezes, updates

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Thu Jul 17 11:06:55 CEST 2014

> Thomas started a page on this :
> https://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/OngoingWork/RockFlavorsOrReleas
> es
>
> Feel free to add some bullet points
My understanding was that we have passed this stage, and that we want to
implement it now in two steps.
- update the tooling with the commit feature and the tag feature. Also
probably to update the snapshot with an option to do a real snapshot with
e.g. storing all the sources.
- change our master/next/stable regime to a release regime, and set up the
rules for it.

> 	Here comes the neverending question: who has the time ?
To me its quite important that we start soon on this. I could try to
implement the autoproj extensions.
Sylvain, could you quickly outline how you set up your environment for
developing on the gems? Checkout the repo, and do a gem install everytime
you do a change?

Cheers,

Jakob