[Rock-dev] The issue with Rock

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:00:06 CEST 2014

Then ... my next question would be:

  Why isn't there more resistance w.r.t. switching to master ?

I mean, when you say "oh I had a bug on syskit on next", did you report it
as a functionality bug on next ? Did you insist that it should be fixed *on
next* ? instead of switching to master ?

For new functionality, how much of it is "oh but I need X, it is so shiny"
instead of "without X, I really cannot do it !". I mean, when I worked on
the Orion I *wanted* some features from master, but quickly realized that I
did not *need* them. I had what was strictly needed to get the Joints type
(meaning typelib/master but orogen/next)

As for the release schedule / frequency, I can only do +1. Releases are too
far apart.

My big problem here is that master has become the de-facto version of Rock
that everyone uses, which really hinders possibility to do some actual
development.

Sylvain