[Rock-dev] GitHub migration - status and next steps.

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Fri Jun 6 12:06:18 CEST 2014

On 05/30/2014 12:11 PM, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> Current State
> -------------------
> I've migrated rock.base and rock.toolchain to github, integrating them
> into a 'rock.core' package set, adding as some other "core" packages.
>
> I've updated the build configuration and package sets, and put the
> updated configurations on github as well in order to not disrupt the
> current installations "until it is ready"
>
> It means, in practice, that one can bootstrap a github-based build using
> http://github.com/rock-core/buildconf
>
> and https://github.com/rock-core/buildconf/raw/master/bootstrap.sh
>
> What is left to be done
> -----------------------
>  - one question: should not we split the rock package set into
> subprojects as well (for me, it is +1, it would make more sense from a
> management point of view to have a package and its package set in the
> same organization)

Does it mean that it will be organized as it is in gitorious? Meaning:
rock.core (now it's rock.base + rock.toolchain + rock.gui + some drivers
like transformer, frame-helper and few more)
rock.slam
rock.drivers
rock.control
rock.planning
rock.tutorials

>  - one thing to do: re-create the rock.base and rock.toolchain
> metapackages in rock.core to ensure smooth migration from the existing
> buildconfs

Question: Would the new rock package set have an impact in the folder
structure? Meaning frame-helper will be located into ./core/frame-helper
instead of the current ./image-processing/frame-helper or perhaps
./core/image-processing/frame-helper

Since there is already a kind of renaming during the migration (e.g.:
rock.core). Question: Do we what to rename some rock package set (i.e:
it would make more sense to have one called rock.perception which could
be the current rock.image-processing + image stitching + pcl related
stuffs, + future things ...) for me it is +1

Javier.