[Rock-dev] The issue with Rock

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:16:08 CEST 2014

One possible solution: decouple rock master from rock.core master
(different release schedules). rock.core master would then become really a
development branch where people should not fear to push tested but not
heavily tested code.

The rules:
1. rock master CANNOT depend on features in rock.core master. This ensures
that the current up-to-date packages are not dependent on development
features in the toolchain. This is ensured by making people always use
rock.core next or stable.
2. rock.core master MUST stay backward compatible, i.e. at the point of
release of rock.core, rock next should be usable with rock.core master. In
other words, releasing rock.core (from master to next) should not break
existing 'next' applications.

Thoughts?

Sylvain