[Rock-dev] Flavours, freezes, updates

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:51:15 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Traveler Hauptman <traveler.hauptman at iit.it
> wrote:

> A while ago I had a project where I developed with binary packages (using
> archlinux because the packages definition files are so easy).
> Code-Compile-Test cycles where done with cmake in-situ (ie without 'make
> install'), packages used semantic versioning and were installed from the
> package file to the development system for further testing and then
> deployed to a repository server when ready for the end-user. Archlinux's
> package manager worked really well for this

We're currently aiming for that, by generating OSC-compatible packaging
(currently debian, but could be extended for RPMs or arch) and upload to
the OpenSUSE build service. It looks promising, but what is really missing
IMO is testing. Since OSC allows for local package building as well as
remote ones, I want to try it out this way. It is going to be painful for a
while (much longer builds ...) but I don't see any other way.