[Rock-dev] rock-users vs robotics.stackexchange.com

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Tue May 6 10:18:10 CEST 2014

On April 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM Sylvain Joyeux <bir.sylvain at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Jakob asked on robotics.stackexchange.com <http://robotics.stackexchange.com>
> if we could use it for Rock questions. The answer was "yes".
>  http://meta.robotics.stackexchange.com/questions/228/using-robotics-sx-for-our-robotics-software-framework
> <http://meta.robotics.stackexchange.com/questions/228/using-robotics-sx-for-our-robotics-software-framework>
>
>  So, what should we use / promote ? rock-users or robotics.stackexchange.com
> <http://robotics.stackexchange.com> ? Having both seem a bit too much to me...
>
>  My vote:
>    -1 to have both
>    +1 stackexchange

I just set up a first question and added a rock tag. (I don't have tag editing
rights, so we'll have to wait for the description until its reviewed)
http://robotics.stackexchange.com/q/2882/127

There is a feature to send questions for a specific tag to an email address. We
could set it up to send to rock-users. Its a good way to get notified as well.
Also, not all questions are fit for the stackexchange format, and they can
sometimes be quite strict about deleting question. For this reason, I would vote
to have both. By linking them through the notification feature I think it could
work.

cheers,

Jakob